First Aid Training PPT Download Free
First Aid Training PPT Free Download. Get paper presentation about RULES OF GIVING FIRST AID on First Aid Training PPT.
First aid is the immediate assistance given to a casualty. Or victim of sudden illness or injuries before being taken to a health unit for further management.
AIMS OF GIVING FIRST AID
To save life.
To relieve pain.
To promote quick recovery
To prevent further Injuries and Infection
To control bleeding
To be able transport casualties
QUALITIES OF A FIRST AIDER
Must have the right knowledge and skill on first aid
Always continue to learn and discover
Must be a good role model for the Red Cross movement
Must always be willing to assist another first aider
Must be quick as decision making and in action.
Must be empathetic, and not sympathetic.
Must be creative and resourceful (make use of the locally available materials).
Must be able to make use of his common sense in managing situations.
Must be calm.
Must be confident.
Must be observant.
Must be trustworthy.
Should be loud and clear in communication.
Should use short sentences and clear.
RULES OF GIVING FIRST AID
1. First aiders life comes number one
2. Do first things first (DR.ABC) remember to give first aid to the most seriously injured victims first.
- Air way
3. Observe the accident scene as you approach check out for any danger or cause.
4. Always sit or lie a casualty before attending to him or her
5. Do not rush to move a casualty from the scene of accident before checking for spinal injuries.
6. Be calm, steady and in control of the situation.
7. Keep crowds away and use other first aiders/Health workers or by bystanders present.
8. Remove casualty from the cause or the cause from the casualty.
9. Keep casualty dry and cover lightly and minimize movement where necessary.
10. Reassure the casualty, it means a lot to his/her mind.
11. Please, accompany the casualty to the Health Unit.
12. Get background history. Description of accident/illness from by-standers
or from the casualty if
13. Cover wounds to prevent infection.
14. Bear in mind crash injuries where there are no obvious injuries. When a body has been hit hard, there is a period numbness. Take note of this
15. Never give unconscious casualties any thing to eat or to drink.
16. Keep the privacy of the casualty it’s your responsibility.
17. Always work from in front of the casualty
First Aid Training PPT Contents:
- AIMS OF GIVING FIRST AID
- QUALITIES OF A FIRST AIDER
- RULES OF GIVING FIRST AID
- and more
Filename : First Aid Training PPT Added :22 August, 2012 (05:23) Category : Training Posted by :tukimin