Geothermal Energy PPT Download Free
Geothermal Energy PPT Free Download. Get paper presentation about What is Geothermal Energy, Basic Types and more on Geothermal Energy PPT.
What is Geothermal Energy?
- Geo (Greek for earth) Thermal (heat)
- Temp. of Shallow Crust (upper 10 ft.) Constant 55-75°F (13-24°C)
- Up to 14,400°F (8,000°C) at Molten Core (approx. 4,000 mi. to center of core)
What Makes a Good Geothermal Reservoir for Generating Electricity?
- Hot Geothermal Fluids Near Surface
- Proximity to Population Base
- Low Mineral and Gas Content
- Location on Private Land
- Proximity to Transmission Lines
Basic Types of Geothermal Reservoirs
3 General Classes of Geothermal Uses
- Ground Source Heat Pump
- Direct Source
- Commercial Electricity Generation: Power Plants
Low Temperature Reservoirs:
- Available almost anywhere on earth
- Predominantly Used for Heat Pumps
- Other Common Uses
High Temperature Reservoirs:
- Suitable for Commercial Production of Electricity
- Greatest Potential for Energy Output
Geothermal Energy PPT Contents:
- Overview of Policy to Off-set Loss In Oil Imports
- Summary of Conclusion
- What is Geothermal Energy?
- Types of Geothermal Resources?
- Brief History of Geothermal Energy
- Basic Types of Geothermal Reservoirs
- and more
Filename : Geothermal Energy PPT Added :21 May, 2012 (19:45) Category : Energy and Environment Posted by :tukimin