Network Programming PPT Download Free
Network Programming PPT Free Download. Get paper presentation about Client/sever model, Sockets and more on Network Programming PPT.
• Client asks (request) – server provides (response)
• Typically: single server – multiple clients
• The server does not need to know anything about the client
– even that it exists
• The client should always know something about the server
– at least where it is located
Internet Connections (TCP/IP)
• Address the machine on the network
– By IP address
• Address the process
– By the “port”-number
• The pair of IP-address + port – makes up a “socket-address”
• What is a socket?
– To the kernel, a socket is an endpoint of communication.
– To an application, a socket is a file descriptor that lets the application read/write from/to the network.
• Remember: All Unix I/O devices, including networks, are modeled as files.
• Clients and servers communicate with each by reading from and writing to socket descriptors.
• The main distinction between regular file I/O and socket I/O is how the application “opens” the socket
Network Programming PPT Contents:
- Client-server model
- Sockets interface
- Socket primitives
- Example code for echoclient and echoserver
- Debugging With GDB
- Programming Assignment 1 (MNS)
- and more
Filename : Network Programming PPT Added :10 May, 2012 (11:50) Category : Electronics and Communication Posted by :tukimin