Solar Energy PPT Download Free
Solar Energy PPT Free Download. Get paper presentation about What is Solar Energy, Advantages, Disadvantages and more on Solar Energy PPT.
What is Solar Energy?
Originates with the thermonuclear fusion reactions occurring in the sun.
Represents the entire electromagnetic radiation (visible light, infrared, ultraviolet, x- rays, and radio waves).
- All chemical and radioactive polluting byproducts of the thermonuclear reactions remain behind on the sun, while only pure radiant energy reaches the Earth.
- Energy reaching the earth is incredible. By one calculation, 30 days of sunshine striking the Earth have the energy equivalent of the total of all the planet’s fossil fuels, both used and unused!
- Sun does not shine consistently.
- Solar energy is a diffuse source. To harness it, we must concentrate it into an amount and form that we can use, such as heat and electricity.
- Addressed by approaching the problem through: 1) collection, 2) conversion, 3) storage.
Direct Conversion into Electricity
- Photovoltaic cells are capable of directly converting sunlight into electricity.
- A simple wafer of silicon with wires attached to the layers.
- Current is produced based on types of silicon (n- and p-types) used for the layers. Each cell=0.5 volts.
- Battery needed as storage No moving parts? do no wear out, but because they are exposed to the weather, their lifespan is about 20 years.
Solar Energy PPT Contents:
- What is Solar Energy?
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- How much solar energy?
- Putting Solar Energy to Use: Heating Water
- Heating Water: Active System
- Heating Living Spaces
- Solar-Thermal Electricity: Power Towers
- and more
Filename : Solar Energy PPT Added :20 March, 2012 (03:05) Category : Energy and Environment Posted by :tukimin