Transistors PPT Download Free
Transistors PPT Free Download. Get paper presentation about What is a transistor, Background Science and more on Transistors PPT.
What is a transistor?
• A transistor is a 3 terminal electronic device made of semiconductor material.
• Transistors have many uses, including amplification, switching, voltage regulation, and the modulation of signals
– Ex: Metals
– Flow of electricity governed by motion of free electrons
– As temperature increases, conductivity decreases due to more lattice atom collisions of electrons
– Idea of superconductivity
– Ex: Plastics
– Flow of electricity governed by motion of ions that break free
– As temperature increases, conductivity increases due to lattice vibrations breaking free ions
– Irrelevant because conductive temperature beyond melting point
• Semiconductors are more like insulators in their pure form but have smaller atomic band gaps
• Adding dopants allows them to gain conductive properties
Transistors PPT Contents:
- What is a transistor?
- Background Science
- Transistor Properties
- Types of transistors
- Bipolar Junction Transistors
- Field Effect Transistors
- Power Transistors
- and more
Filename : Transistors PPT Added :28 July, 2012 (10:07) Category : Electronics and Communication Posted by :tukimin